Pioneer. Mentor. Friend.
These are just a few of the words that come to mind when we think of Dr. Margaret Downing and her impact at Southern Arkansas University.
Southern Arkansas University is pleased to announce a unique opportunity for players, fans, and alumni to recognize the commitment and accomplishments of Dr. Margaret Downing at SAU by joining the Margaret Downing Society.
Your gift of $1,000 or more will secure your membership in this prestigious organization. Members of the Margaret Downing Society will be listed on a permanent plaque at the new Mulerider Softball Field House which will be named for Dr. Downing.
The goal of the Margaret Downing Society is to complete a $100,000 endowment to benefit all women’s athletics at Southern Arkansas University, a fitting way to honor a woman who started or re-started every women’s athletic program at SAU in the modern era.
The Dr. Margaret Downing Endowment for Women’s Athletics will:
- Honor Dr. Downing for 50 years of service to Southern Arkansas University,
- benefit the programs in which Dr. Downing invested so much of her life, and
- ensure there are funds available for the express purpose of advancing women’s athletics at Southern Arkansas University.
How to Join
Memberships in the Margaret Downing Society may be completed with one-time payments or installment payments that work for your budget.
- To make your gift now, click here.
- To make your pledge and set-up payment arrangements, you may complete the online pledge form or
print and mail the Downing Society flyer to:
Southern Arkansas University
Office of Development
100 E. University MSC 9340
Magnolia, AR 71753